Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisped Rice Treats
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Applying Chocolate Topping: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter for greasing the pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- One 10-ounce package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Tools for spreading mixture in pan:
- 1 tablespoon butter
Generously coat the bottom and sides of a 9x13 glass or ceramic oblong baking dish and set aside.
- Butter a spatula with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
- On low heat melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows to pan and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter making sure it is completely incorporated into the butter and marshmallow mixture.
- Add crisped rice cereal to saucepan.
- Stir until the cereal is well-coated with the melted butter, marshmallows, and peanut butter mixture.
- Using the buttered spatula, press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cut the pressed mixture in the baking dish into 2-inch squares.
- Remove bars from baking pan and place on a serving platter.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted, stirring after each 30 second interval. If you do not have a microwave click here for other options on melting chocolate.
- Drizzle or spread the melted chocolate over the tops of the bars.
- Let the chocolate set up and then serve.